Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Guess I Can't Call THEM Indian-Givers.


I am listening to classical music while on hold right now with the United States Internal Revenue Service. Why, you ask?

Well, a few weeks ago, I received a lovely $1100 refund check in the mail, noting that I had overpaid my taxes and was due a refund. Like any good cynic, I held onto it so my father (a C.P.A) could look at it and tell me whether or not it was legit. Visions of purses, sandals, sundresses, and a new roof danced in my head and I was never happier. It was like money growing on a tree, which we know is not possible. RIGHT?

My father said it was legit. And I cashed it.

I received a letter today that they (being the IRS) made a mistake and I have to send it back. This is the worst feeling I have ever felt. I am so sad. So sad.

I hate them. Indian-givers.

3 comments:

Beanorama said...

Oh sug. That stinks! Government are jerks. By the way, you are a lucky gal if that is the worst feeling you've ever felt.

I love you.

Jody said...

I know exactly how you feel. Well, this is actually worse I think. They are bad. BAD BAD BAD!!! I hate them.
I owe them a lot of money this year, and my coworker just found out he owes over $5000 on property taxes that he didn't know about and it is late! Stupid IRS

Beanorama said...

did you get tax refund blue balls?

MWAH HA HA.