Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Countdown to the Opening of the Best Makeup Store Evah


If you’re a beauty junkie like me, then there are no words in the English language to describe the anticipation and ultimate makeup shopping experience that is Sephora. When I drove by the huge ass sign one day & shrieked, the hubby naively asked: “What’s Sephora?” I breathlessly said “it’s like Douglas, just bigger & better.” Then I made the sign of the cross. Just kidding. I haven’t been this excited about a store on Chestnut Street since Loehmann’s. Yeah, it’s gonna be that good & better. Since I’m waiting for the store to open, I’ve compiled a list of makeup products that I either want or are running out of. But who am I kidding? Need = want in my world, so it’s all the same. Sure, I could find these items at the same place that I got them originally, but where’s the fun in that when I can float into Sephora, smell the enchanting perfumes and spend hours pouring over shades of lipsticks and nail polishes that are as various as the colors on an artist’s palette? 1. Concealer – yes, I could go on over to Douglas or the makeup counter where I purchased it from originally, but I won’t out of principle.2. Eyeliner – my wooden L’oreal pencil is either going to scratch me or poke me. I haven’t decided which. Maybe it’ll give me a splinter as a twist.3. New makeup brushes – I’ve been in a serious need of a new set for a while now. Don’t even get me started on the sorry state of my eyeshadow brush.4. A Train Case – to hold all of my loot, of course. And Sephora- you’d better not disappoint, bitch. Don’t go out like the over-hyped Center City Macy’s or there’s going to be hell to pay :).

No comments: