Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stay in school, kids


I think that I once read somewhere that the always eloquent Avril Lavigne had dropped out of high school at 16 to pursue her punk singing career. I think it was during said interview that she called Hilary Duff a "mommy's girl". Below are some quotes from her latest interview. Too funny."People love me and people hate me, but I'm comfortable in my own skin and that's what counts," avows the ersatz punk princess (via Us Weekly). "And anyway, if you do hate me, you're the loser, not me." Avril's unique version of the I'm-rubber-you're-glue philosophy will probably prompt her to label oodles of people "losers" after they read the interview, in which she discusses her altruism ("I am a very giving person. When the hurricane thing happened I went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, 'Take it to Katrina!' I also like to give stuff to people who are my 'workers,' especially if they don't make much money") and her belief system ("I'm not particularly religious, but I am spiritual. What kind? Feng shui, mostly, and energy. I'm good at picking up people's energy, like I'm receptive or something"). When not ordering her underpaid minions to send her used Dr. Martens and plaid miniskirts "to Katrina" and bowing down in prayer in front of a perfectly placed sofa, Avril is winning friends with her ladylike behavior at social gatherings. "When I go to a party, I am the party! I'm the girl doing shots, jumping on tables, screaming and getting wasted," she brags to the mag, before adding, "Am I advocating drugs? No! When I say get wasted, that doesn't mean go crazy. Drink in moderation. Be responsible, yeah?"

No comments: