Thursday, September 27, 2007

My boyfriend's in town & I can't see him


When I heard last spring that Bono was going to be in town this September to accept the Liberty Medal award, I immediately began to think of ways to see him. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember -which is 2nd grade when my cool, older brother took me to see Rattle & Hum, the documentary. To me, nothing's hotter than a rocker with a cause. In 2003, I learned that I had just missed him by a few weeks in the French Riviera where I was doing my study abroad & he has a summer home. In 2004, when he came to Philly to do the graduation speech for UPenn, I went, got an autograph & photo. I did not attend Penn. Nor did I graduate in '04. But I found a way. In 2005, when they were on tour I attended the Philly concert. Now it's 2007 & he's in Philly again, 'cept I won't be able to see him 'cause I don't have tickets to the damn awards.
So sad.

No comments: