Wednesday, September 26, 2007

This Just In: Boobs More Important Than Life


“I woke up, and it was like Christmas: I was a nervous wreck, but I was just so excited at the same time. Spencer said, “I’m so proud of you.” It was like he was wishing me well off to school: “Love you! Bye!” But surgery is a very big deal. Right before I went in, I was like, What if I don’t wake up? Oh, this is scary. Then I thought, I don’t care. If I don’t wake up, it’s worth it. I just wanted it so badly.”

this quote truly disturbs me. especially after having a deep conversation with some lady friends about body image just a few days ago. at the end of our confessions of what we hate about our bodies and what we wished could change, i asked if we could each name at least one thing we liked about ourselves.

mine: i have absolutely awesome fingernail beds.

5 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

I like my calf muscles.

Beanorama said...

My fingernail beds are pretty bangin' as well.

...but oh! You should see my forearms. Whoo-hoo!



PS I like Heidi's small boobs better.

miz cynical said...

My amazing, non-surgically enhanced rack.

Anonymous said...

heidi looks so awful in both of those pictures, huh?

miz cynical said...

Yeah, I don't see much of an improvement. She still looks plain.