Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Crocs + escalators = mangle


Everyone is all abuzz about how crocs and escalators are dangerous. They melt, they get caught, they cause all sorts of problems. But here's what I have to say: are crocs really meant for the escalator environment?

I mean, I really like crocs. I have for a while now. But when I learned of them, I was on a wet, rocky island in New Hampshire. Those rubbery soles stick to wet rocks like you wouldn't believe. I also spotted them years ago on natives in Hawaii... they probably know the joy of rubber shoes as good beach shoes.

I don't so much see the smarts involved in crocs in a concrete jungle. (I mean, I wear mine to work when it rains, but I am careful to avoid ALL ESCALATORS.)

People hate the shoes. They are ugly. But they have their own beauty. Just wear them accordingly.

5 comments:

miz cynical said...

They are cute. The roller skate shoes are much more dangerous.

Anonymous said...

funny caption = "GODZILLAAAAAAA!"

Anonymous said...

approximately 99% of scrub-wearing medical staff wear crocs. they can't be great for your back- danskos are so much better!

Beanorama said...

crocs are makding a med-staff friendly kinds without holes for syringes.

Gauss247 said...

The foot committed suicide because it was forced to wear that thing