Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ode to a cheese.


I bet you thought there were no more odes. I bet you thought I forgot. I've just been waiting for something to love... and you know what? I love cheese. I love GOUDA cheese.

Tonight, ATS confessed* to me: "I love the brie. I love the cheddar. I love the feta. But I do not love the gouda."

I was shocked. Whaaaa? Who doesn't love gouda cheese?

Gouda isn't too stinky. It isn't too mild. When aged at least 3 years, it gets these awesome little crystals of taste explosion. One cheesemonger here says Gouda is "butterscotch for adults." And I say, hells to the yeah it is!

Plus, it's Dutch, so it's really fun to say it the Dutch way, like with a lugie in your throat: "ghghghghghghghghghghowda." (Once my sister ordered a gourmet pizza with gouda, and she kept trying to order it the Dutchie way, and finally said it the American way then the waiter understood.)

I think we all know... if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much. Go Gouda! I say, Lang zal ze leven!


*exact wording may be changed due to my failing memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ghghghowda is expecially good on EMB with butter and jelly!

Anonymous said...

dutchies are scary folk. poles are so mcuh hotter.