Monday, August 07, 2006

Engaged women, beware.


This weekend I was lucky enough to take part in a fun bachelorette party for one of my pals (a frequent So Unpretty commenter). We were truly celebrating this marriage: it's good. It's solid. It's full of love. But from the unsolicited comments from ladies in the bar and even in a drugstore, you would think marriage is a disease.

Bitter women are everywhere, and for some reason they think they can spew their venom on anyone they want... even on young brides-to-be that they don't even know. This weekend, a bunch of washed up miserable middle-aged bitches traded in "congratulations" for comments along the lines of:

"Don't do it!"
"Run!"
"Oh, you are so young and hopeful..."
"You'll be divorced in six months."
"Marriage is a sacrament. Ha."
"You don't know what you're in for."

It was awful! Why do people spread their misery? Just because they aren't successful at their marriage doesn't mean my sweet little bride/friend will be. They should shut their traps and offer words of encouragement. Yes, marriage is hard. My bride/friend knows that. But she can still look forward to the joy it brings!

Nasty old bitches are so unpretty.

6 comments:

Jody said...

I heard the same thing from some women when I was engaged. I didn't take them seriously because they were all divorced. I didn't know what I was getting into, but snide comments from strangers is NOT going to change my mind. I don't understand why complete strangers, during the short exchange they may have with you, think they can alter your life plans with some bitter speech. What do they even care if your marriage fails or not? They'll never see you again!

SilverBraceletsOnHerWrists said...

How rude! (channeling Stephanie Tanner)

NotoriousALG said...

That was a crap fest. A bitter, washed up, stuck in m______ary position crap fest.

Anonymous said...

hmmm. scary.

Anonymous said...

Polygamy is the answer.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie! Thank you for defending my honor. My girls were a ray of light amid the dank-dark-has-been-hussies that threatened my happiness. MMMmmwwwhaaaaaa! (that was me blowing a kiss)