Sunday, August 20, 2006

S.O.S. 2006

the end of august is almost upon us and you know what that means...labor day...and the unofficial end of summer (BOOOOHHH!)

so, now i'm about to do for you what i usually hate...especially when it happens around New Year's; you know - a version of a "best of 2000-whatever" list. here's my top five Songs Of Summer (S.O.S.) 2006. let me know if you agree...

5. "Stars are Blind" by the Robot formally known as Paris Hilton. i really never loved this song, but for some reason-i guess because she is slut bag with fewer brain cells than britney spears-everyone was so impressed (including myself as i bow my head in shame). i mean, wow. to think that she could actually get her shit together long enough to a) record a song and b) shoot a video and without killing herself...well, it was simply amazing, man. miracles can happen.

4. "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguillera. ok, so this is notable because it was her unofficial comeback...comeback from what you may ask? she was headed down a one way road to Paris' hometown, Slutsville, Slutsylvania. but, then she hired a stylist and before you knew it, she had been de-dredded, un-pierced, and her ass-less chaps (made famous in her "Dirty" video) had been tossed in the trash with mel gibson's dignity. now, she looks like a mini-Marilyn Monroe and she's finally singing good stuff again.

3. "Promiscuous Girl" by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland. wow! and to think, a few years ago she was proclaiming herself "like a bird"...now she's just begging for it...shocking but, delightful. and i recently read that she's egyptian...which of course brings her cool factor up to like 1,000.

2. "Me & U" by Cassie. ok, i really think this is a tie for first, as i cannot stop listening to this song. i don't know why i love it, but i do. so shut up. is it the beat? is it her voice? is it the fact, that every time i listen to it, i have to stop what i'm doing and mouth the words like a freak? maybe it's all of the above. LOVE IT!

1. "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. HUH?! that's what i thought the very first time i heard this song. i had no idea if was listening to a man or a woman let alone an ex-NSYNCer. i was amazed and a lot of other things i can't share with you as my dog is in the room with me as i type this...i mean, how hot - or should i say sexy - is this song? i really dig it and i can't wait to see him sing this at the VMAs on august 31st. he should do it wearing nothing but shackles...because he's my slave...go 'head, get gone with it!

6 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

Remember how you danced like him and I died? That was hot.

tone loc said...

You beat me to the punch on this list. I was just about to proclaim Promiscuous Girl the song of summer 2006 on my el blogo. Sexy Back is clearly a better song but I'm just going by how many times and how many places I think I heard the song. My ultimate determination of the song of the summer is the one that annoys me the most when I hear it. And for me, Promiscuous Girl gets that award. A different genre from last year's winner- Mr. Brightside by the Killers. God I hated that song so much by last September.

aaronic said...

No Panic! at the Disco - I Write Sins not Tragedies? I feel like heard that song all the time, and I actually never got sick of it.

tone loc said...

That song is a close #2 on my '06 list. q102 got a hold of it which means it is played at least 4,000 times a day. Plus it's a must on every cover band's set list. It's driving me bonkers!

Flip Flop Girl said...

Ok, Mr. Brightside is a great song. Tone loc is obviously crazy. Open up your eager eyes.

Anonymous said...

word, flip. word.