Friday, August 11, 2006

Shhh...on the Procrastination Tip.


It's Friday. It's 2:20. It's gorgeous outside. Where is your brain? My eyes were just darting wildly through the 'Vows' section of the New York Times, which proved to be completely amusing.

I just shared this observation with Beanorama and it turns out that, not only do we share a brain, but she finds them equally as hilarious.

Some excerpts:

...."The bride, who typically dates metrosexuals...."
....."Guests were treated to a cheeseburger buffet...."
...."The next day, they pretended their conversation never happened and ignored each other, as teenagers often do."

I just try to imagine a stodgy reporter prodding these couples and being over the moon at such bizarro details.

New York Times - Vows. Check 'em out.

3 comments:

Beanorama said...

my momma and i are so incredulous when we read these: "the groom, who was married to another woman at the time he met Katie..."

BIZARRO FILES.

Anonymous said...

you guys probably also think obits are hil-arious too, huh?

Anonymous said...

Gals, I promise I will read more religiously. But the line in this post that makes me chuckle again and again is ....."Guests were treated to a cheeseburger buffet....". EVERY TIME! - Bansk