Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Madonna!


yes, today is the day that God gave us the Material Girl. if you are an avid reader of so unpretty, then you know that she is one of the three things i hold sacred in my heart (the other two being none of your fucking business).

my idol turned 48 today. here's some fun and interesting facts you may or may not already know:

She is good friends with Björk, who also wrote the song 'Bedtime Story' for her 1994 album, Bedtime Stories.

Gwyneth Paltrow was the Maid of Honor at her wedding to Guy Ritchie.

She has an IQ of 140.

She is only 5'4½" tall.

She is strongly Pro-Life. She was even in anti-abortion ads in the UK.

Her favorite flowers are white roses.

She is a fan of Katharine Hepburn.

finally, three great Madonna quotes:

"I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body!"

"I think that everyone should get married at least once, so you can see what a silly, outdated institution it is."

"I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this."






2 comments:

Smedelicious said...

It's also the anniversary of Elvis's death. CREEPY

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the Madonna era was during my lifetime! -Triple