Monday, September 11, 2006

Attack of the newbie lawyers.


Look around... they are everywhere (especially in Center City, Philadelphia): brand new lawyers, most of them starting their second week of work TODAY!! Lucky bastards have been in school for the past three-to-seven years, just had the summer off, and now are earning three times my pay. Of course, most of them have to work ungodly hours for the next few decades of their lives, poor things. I saw one on the elevator of my building this morning who described himself as "jittery" and I felt a little sympathy for him and his shiny new briefcase.

Good luck, young lawyers and lawyettes. Let justice prevail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is lawyers a masculine word?

Beanorama said...

no, but "lawyettes" just poured outta me through my keyboard. So sexist, I know.