Monday, September 11, 2006

I Was Rendered Speechless.


I am a sucker for the famous. I just spent four days in California, land of Tinseltown hotties and divas and could not stop hallucinating celebs. I did see, however, Jeffrey Tambour, Lara Spencer and Ryan Devlin (I spent a morning on the set of the Insider) and the guy who got kicked off the first season of "Blow Out" and now has his own show. I also walked past Michael Vartan, which I did not realize.

My US Weekly-reading self also had an ice blended at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, saw the gym where "Work Out" is filmed, drank at at the vineyards featured in "Sideways," spotted Fred Segal, had drinks at Sky Bar, and saw the stage where the last scene of The Truman Show was filmed.

But nothing knocked me on my tush quite so much as who I spotted as I walked off the airplane in Philadelphia: Joanie, a semi-finalist from the last cycle of America's Next Top Model. She was gorgeous. I could barely explain to the person on the other end of the phone how frigging excited I was.

Yes, she is a D-lister. Yes, she lost. But she was AWESOME.

6 comments:

MJL said...

I was in LA a few years ago and also saw Jeffrey Tambour (at the Apple Store in Santa Monica). That's weird...

I also ate lunch two tables down from Heather Graham. She's even hotter in person, in case you were wondering.

Beanorama said...

who was on the other end of the phone?

Anonymous said...

did beanie tell you about our surreal life experience with sly stallone, joely fischer and connie stevens?

quite the shit show, i promise you.

Anonymous said...

What exciting lives you guys lead.... :)

tone loc said...

I got news for you, I sat five feet away from Joanie the other night. We didn't verbally
communicate but I could tell she wanted me the one time she looked in my direction. It was love at first sight.

Anonymous said...

oh, tone. how i love your bravado. is that a word? bravado? i think so. anywho, tone, you are a riot.