Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Farewell Summer. Until Next Year.


This morning, it hit me. My AC is off. The contents of my closet seem woefully insufficient. I question the appropriateness of open-toe shoes. Sweaters are looking good.

It's fall.

Goodbye sweet summer. I made it a full summer without sun poisoning. I went to the biggest sand dune on the East Coast, down in Kitty Hawk, NC. I swam halfway around an island in New Hampshire. I did downward dog in the cool summer breeze (that's yoga, pervs). I picnicked on the grass in Rittenhouse Square. I braved a monsoon at an outdoor concert. I attended three weddings, two bridal shower, two bachelorette parties and one engagement party. I had three dates and two random kisses at the beach. I ate a lot of pizza while a little tipsy. I watched my sister's belly grow with a baby boy. I went to a minor league baseball game, a housewarming, and Amish Country. I swam on a roofdeck pool. A good summer, I'd say.

Summer is my favorite time of year, but I am going to make a concerted effort to look forward to fall...even winter. Football is good! Cozy sweaters are good! Hot tea is good! Chlorophyll is good! I refuse to think that the end of summer is so unpretty, and I must remember, the next one is only 8 1/2 months away.

5 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

Even though it is the season of my birth, fall sucks.

Allow the countdown 'til summer 2007 to commence.....

Anonymous said...

Ummm excuse me, but FALL is the best season by far! No hot & sweaty b.o. bodies, no AC, great T.V., and the biggest wedding of the year!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you forgot one thing in your "best of summer 2006" list-

participating in an ill-conceived, embarrassing, city-wide PR stunt that involved over-the-hill celebs who have had more work done that joan rivers.

buh-da-bump.

NotoriousALG said...

Is that a new version of "and bump?"

Anonymous said...

he-he, yes!