Thursday, September 21, 2006

I think I need some quality time in the suburbs.

The city is doing bad things to me. This morning, as I am crossing the street on the GREEN light, and chatting with my sweetest-of-the-sweet mama on the mobile phone, a big-ass lady with big-ass hair and a big-ass Mercedes honked at me to hurry and cross the street. Oh no, no, lady... I have the green, you have an annoying car, and you just brought anger into my day because you couldn't wait literally three seconds for a pedestrian to have safe passage-- when it was my right of way?? So, without hesitation, I turned to her, gesturing wildly to the light, and yell to her closed-up windows, "IT'S GREEN!!" I didn't bother to look around and see who might see me yell. I completely forgot that my mother could hear the honk and the obnoxious yell back. And I completely disregarded my usual decision NOT to let aggressive people like Ms. Mercedes get the better of me. I usally have a self-satisfied laugh and overly indulgent smile at those people, but not today. Today I succombed. Maybe it's because I was feeling bad at having my friends think I'm Darcy. Or maybe I am Darcy after all. Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assholes like that drive me mad, that's why a license to carry a pistol is out of the question..