Monday, September 25, 2006

Comcast Hates Me or Maybe I Hate Comcast?

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I schedule my life around my favorite television shows, so it’s no shocker that I’m utterly devastated that my cable is not working -- I totally missed the season premier of Desprate Housewives last night.
I’ve been having problems with my cable on and off of about two months now. It hasn’t been a problem because all the shows were on hiatus but I’ve become a pro at fixing my cable problems when they arise. I just follow the instructions that customer service reps have been giving me time and again:
I call into Comcast and have my signal update through the automated recording system.
If that doesn’t work, I unplug the cable box for 30 seconds and then re-plug and wait.
Sometime, I even repeat a few times before calling to speak with someone in customer service in order to schedule a tech to come out. I usually tell the person on the other line that I followed the usual protocol but they make me do it again while they are on the phone, I try not to get rude and I humor them. ARE there no records of my pervious calls?
Yesterday, however the guy on the other end of the phone told me that my signal wasn’t working. Duh?! No kidding?! I figured that was the reason that my cable wasn’t working.
Then he had the audacity to ask me if he could send a technician out to my apartment on Tuesday between the hours of 1 and 6 p.m.?
Ummmm… NO! I have to go to work! I have to make money so that I can pay your outrageous fees for your sucky service!
OMG! Comcast is calling me right now to confirm the appointment. Weird!

2 comments:

Beanorama said...

is this Le to the Le?? I hate Comcast and I have basic--free--cable.

AlltheRAGE said...

Yes, it is!!! Cable guy came by at 9:30 a.m. He found out that the cable outside was disconnected... Duh?