Monday, January 28, 2008

Is It February Yet?


Now that all of the important dates are over ( my b-day, Unusual's b-day & I think maybe Incog's), I can't wait for this month to be over & for the calendar to read February 1. I don't know about you, but after the New Year, I feel as if I'm being bludgeoned over the head every where I look about how we should all resolve to get fit in the New Year. If you're like me, then getting fit has been your resolution for like, the last 5 years.

In January, everywhere I turn, I see "get fit" segments on morning shows, store ads featuring fitness clothes and gym commercials. Personally, I don't like being reminded of what I should be doing & what an incredible fat ass I am as I'm scarfing down bacon cheddar cheese fries with ranch dressing. I like to put off thinking about post-holiday stuff at least until Lent. As a matter of fact, maybe that's what we should do - roll New Year's Resolutions & Lent all into 1. We could resolve to lose weight/give something bad up in February or March instead of having to get right back to business on January 2nd. Hell, it probably took you from November to January to pack on the pounds, shouldn't you at least have 1 month to procrastinate doing something about it?

February has some good things going for it - Mardi Gras is right around the corner, plus the Superbowl. Besides, February is Sweeps month. Which means LOST is back, Big Brother 9 (that's right, bitches) and hopefully some other good TV & movies. Plus, we're one month closer to Spring.

3 more days...

No comments: