Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Real Housewives of NYC: A show that I'm going to love to hate


On Saturday, I caught the last few minutes of Bravo's special on this new show. It's basically like the Real Housewives of OC - a group of nouveau riche, materialistic, vapid women, except they're not as blonde & surprisingly less attractive. I didn't realize that they were getting rid of the OC version until I saw this special. WTF? They better provide updates on the OC crew. I can't wait until Lauri gets a divorce from her 3rd hubby.

For some odd reason, this NYC version already bothers me. Like, I can take the flakiness of Californians, it's kind of expected. But, I expect East Coast people to be little bit more solid. Even though I realize that it isn't nice to generalize people like that. In typical tacky fashion, they show off all of their material possessions with a dollar sign next to it. I saw this one woman who should be ashamed to call herself a NYC chick. Her roots were showing & she definitely did not have the ass to carry the thong bikini that she was wearing while on vacation in St. Bart's.

Oh, well. As much as I didn't like the preview, I know that I'm going to get sucked into watching a marathon of the show & I'll be eagerly awaiting the antics of this crew just like I did with Jo, Lauri, Jena, Tammy, Tamra, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first I would only watch for Shane and then I got hooked on the gals...its tragic.

miz cynical said...

Is Shane Lauri's bad son? I think Lauri sold him for some free plastic surgery.

Anonymous said...

Shane is Gena's son he is like 21 a bseball player