Monday, January 14, 2008

Yet Another Reason Why the Writers' Strike Needs to End



I've seen commercials for both Cashmere Mafia & Lipstick Jungle & if you don't realize that they're on separate networks, the shows look like they're practically interchangeable. The only way I know the difference is that Lucy Liu is on Cashmere Mafia & the other cute Asian chick from 90210 is on the other. Oh, & I think Brooke Shields is on one of them, too. What's really pathetic is that I read Candace Bushnell's Lipstick Jungle last summer when I was hanging out beside the pool & when I saw a commercial for the show, all I could think of was "that doesn't look anything like the book!"

Just in case you were wondering what part of that previous sentence was the pathetic part, it's both. 1) That I read Lipstick Jungle. Even as pool book, that's unacceptable. 2) That I cried out in righteous indignation that the show didn't seem to reflect the intricate plot line & complex characters that the book contained.

If the writers' strike is going to continue, is there any chance that these awful shows are going to get canceled?

1 comment:

Beanorama said...

cashmere mafia is terrible. the complete bite of sex and the city is deplorable. 4 women of different hair colors sit around tables and dish.

lame.

nothing will beat satc. nothing, i say.