Monday, February 11, 2008

Creepola.


My boyfriend and I went to see Juno yesterday and no surprise, I absolutely, positively loved it. I was very happy that I loved it and not let down like, per se, Superbad.


What did let me down was mother effin' Jason Bateman's character. (SPOILER ALERT!) I have always thought he was hilarious and seemed like such a nice guy. He was the only thing that was relatively funny about that Cameron Diaz/Christina Applegate/Selma Blair "girls" movie....actually, I liked Christina Applegate, too, but I digress....and he is great in Arrested Development. And of course, Dodgeball. He says the word "blumpkin" in a movie. That is classic.


Anyway, Juno was great. For a movie talker, I even zipped it and paid attention (and held my full bladder for 1.5 hours). I had to break the silence though and say to said bf, "Something is creepy about Jason Bateman. It feels gross." And lo and behold, his character did turn out gross.


It's okay. I will get over it and start loving him again soon enough.

No comments: