Thursday, February 28, 2008

My New Musical Obsession(s)



i have fallen in love with two bands: The National and Vampire Weekend.

go to itunes.com and sample their stuff and listen for yourself. For Vampire Weekend, search A-Punk and for The National, search Fake Empire or Ada.

The National for me is like if my two favorite bands (Arcade Fire and The Killers) met in a bar and had a steamy one night stand and got preggers and gave birth to The National. Paste Magazine rated their album, "Boxer" the top album of 2007.

Vampire Weekend...not only are their beats captivating, but they are delightfully adorable. nothing at all like their name. they are the boys pictured.

2 comments:

Beanorama said...

i seriously heart vampire weekend. and just learned that a pal of ours has booked them in philly several times!

i didn't heart the national. you win some you lose some.

NotoriousALG said...

Vampire Weekend looks like my brother's friends. My brother, the rapper.