Monday, February 11, 2008

I'm not one to gossip, but...

Did anyone notice the awkward moment during last night's Grammy Awards? No, I'm not talking about when Kanye started talking to his mom - not about her, to her. Nor am I talking about the fact that everyone turns a deaf ear to Fergie's subpar voice. I am referring to Rihanna and Jay Z's win for "Umbrella." First, Riho went to Jay's seat to walk up on stage together, and she totally ignored Beyonce, who was standing right next to her man. A blatant dis. Then, she tried to hold his hand on their trek up the stairs, but he shook it away, which made for a painfully obvious weird moment between them - and all American viewers. Then there was some playful flirting during the acceptance speech. I felt uncomfortable just looking at the screen.

1 comment:

mo cheeks said...

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2008/02/night-of-the-cr.html#more

very interesting stuff on the kanye speech.

also a pretty hilarious grammy re-cap for those who didnt watch (like me!)