Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not That I Ever Thought Otherwise.....


But I am so Italian sometimes, it scares me. Last weekend, I visited a barbershop with my boyfriend and cried when I walked in and they were playing Frank Sinatra. And it wasn't in that "Ciao Bella!" "Viva Roma!" cheesorama way. It was authentic and Lou the barber told me to say hi to my grandmother for him.

Sunday, my Mom and sister ate bruschetta, mozzarella, and olives at a bridal shower and went visiting my first cousins. I considered stopping at my grandmother's grave to say hi.

Today, I went to my Mom's house for lunch. I ate some dried figs, some roasted red peppers on italian bread, and Torrone, the most delicious nougat and almond Italian candy. It's so good. A quick search on Google told me they sell it at DiBruno's.

I will probably make a trek there this weekend. But I won't share any with my Mom because she gave up candy for Lent. She might just have to settle for some polenta.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lou from Ranstead barber shop? He gives me my scissor cuts. Nice guy.

NotoriousALG said...

Yes. I love him.

Anonymous said...

this was brilliant. or should i say brilliante?