Sunday, February 24, 2008

Diablo Cody Doesn't Like Money


the caption for this photo should be "The Look for Less: How to stretch a $20 bill at Deb Shop!"

but here is the real caption...this is Juno writer, Diablo Cody on the red carpet. i get that Di-Di is an independent thinker and an acclaimed writer who wants to assure all of her fans that her recent success has not gone to her head...or her feet.

see, diablo had agreed to wear the famous million dollar pumps designed specifically for her by stuart weitzman tonight. every year, stu picks a star to wear them. but in the past few days she has blogged about a change of heart.

"I'm actually really pissed about this, now that I think about it. They're using me to publicize their stupid shoes and nobody asked me. I would never consent to a lame publicity stunt at a time when I already want to hide. I'm sorry if I sound like a party-pooper, but Jeebus."


unrelated fun fact: diablo used to be a stripper. i know, you're like "NO!"

he he he he.

1 comment:

Beanorama said...

it buggs me that people drop this "she used to be a stripper" thing. She was only a stripper for the experience in research for a book. I think that's phony.

And I totes agree with her on the shoes tip.