Monday, February 25, 2008

Parles vous francais?


Tonight I went to two French places for food & drink. One was one of the finer places in the U.S. of A. The other, a diggity dive bar.

The first starts at $150 per person (plus drinks, tax and tip). Here, the owner literally gave me his back when I tried to say hello. Then, I was passed over for the escargot and given the bland grouper. And a mushroom cappucino? PLease. Not groundbreaking. That was superduper 2007. My overall impresion? "I don't mind rich people, generally. I just can't stand rich people in Philadelphia."

The second place had the word "Rendezvous" in its name and if that's not fancy, i don't know what is. All I know (or, as would be more fitting to say there, "alls I knows is") that I saw wings, grilled cheese, pizza fries, and a pitcher of miller lite. All all was right with the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh la la!

miz cynical said...

Ohh - you had a rendezvous @ rendezvous? Scandalous!