Thursday, February 15, 2007

Isn't the whole point of a clear bag to avoid situations like this?


Weirdest discovery of the day. I was standing behind a lady waiting for the light to change, and noticed something odd. She was carrying one of those clear tote bags (which I think is dumb anyway-- who wants to see all your shiat?) and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a cockroach IN HER BAG. Nastaroo! I'm not sure what else was in there... maybe some yarn for knitting? But the cucaracha was clearly defined.

I had a brief debate. To tell or not to tell? And I decided not to, for a couple of reasons. One, I heard her speaking, and she didn't speak English very well, so I was afraid my point wouldn't get across and then it would be a clusterfuck. But two, she was with a (male) companion, and I was afraid to embarrass her. Cockroaches carry a certain stigma, you know?

Although, maybe it was her pet and she loved it. Her little unpretty coch-a-loch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is gross and unfortunate.

Beanorama said...

so are you. meanie.