Friday, February 16, 2007

Words to Die By

this morning at work started out great. i came in to a fresh pot of french vanilla coffee brewing-i was the first cup (so exciting). the office was quiet and calm. i sat down, turned on my itunes, changed my pumas to my dress shoes and opened my outlook...to find a nasty email from our editor sent to the entire company. apparently, she was asked to "remind" all of us morons what words we are NEVER to use in press releases or advertising. don't try to make sense of it. you never will. in fact, if you do try, your head might explode.

enjoy.

* Discount (do not use in reference to Philadelphia)
* Cutting edge
* State-of-the-art
* World class
* Hot bed
* Poster child
* Plethora
* Invites (as a noun)
* Ground zero
* Unique
* Institutions
* One-of-a-kind
* Myriad
* Best-kept secret
* Strategic
* Mecca
* Vibe
* Indulge
* Šhas it all
* From Mozart to Metallica
* Flock
* Bustling
* Abounds

2 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

And we aren't allowed to use the word "I," as none of us have any thoughts or feelings of our own. Back to work!

Anonymous said...

I must say that is a plethora of unique words that indulge my sweet tooth for cutting edge, world class adjectives. I love to indulge in one-of-a-kind adjectives, what can I say?

From Mozart to Metallica. I just love to say that.