Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hand me my Depends, please.

Last night, I went with Notorious ALG and Unusual Suspect to a concert. We were yelled at by three parking attendents on three seperate occasions, yelled at by the bouncer outside and the bouncer inside, and were felt up by a security guard. (We enjoyed that though.) We semi-appreciated the John Mayer-wannabe opening act, and were blown away by the out-of-control beatboxing by the next act. But then the beatboxer started singing some beatbox/metal/emo songs and lost us. Plus, his name was Kid Beyond, I kid (beyond) you not, so we clearly couldn't take him seriously after that.

Finally, the lady we were there to see came on: Imogen Heap. All I knew of this lady was that she sang the electronica-sounding song at the end of the season of the OC when Marissa killed Ryan's bro. Well, in real life, her other songs were... interesting. Some wailing, some electonics were involved. And then... halfway through the $33 concert, ALG turns to me and said "Are you ASLEEP!?" She turns to Unusual Suspect: "Are you asleep TOO?" Alas, we were. We passed out sitting straight up in the midst of electronica and wailing. We dragged our old bones out of there before we even got to hear the OC song.

Imogen Heap? OK, if you like that sort of thing. Falling asleep like an old lady at the ripe old age of 26? So unpretty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never said that I wasnt an old bag at heart. sleep equals ecstasy.

and note this: not only did i manage to fall asleep, sitting on a metal STAIRWELL at a concert at the electric factory, but I also have fallen asleep at:

1. At the Walnut Street theater, for Beauty and the Beast
2. At Radio City Music Hall, for the Christmas Spectacular
3. At Temple University and LaSalle University, any time the lights were out for slides or a powerpoint.

Anonymous said...

may i also add one more comment?

funny how Bean and me fall sound asleep at a CONCERT, but stayed alert and captivated by the move, Marie Antoinette, which everyone else we were with swore was a snore!

love that...(insert old lady cackle here)

Beanorama said...

Places I have fallen asleep:

James Taylor concert because I took my cat's valium (by accident)

Indigo Girls concert

In between finishing the meal and getting the check at Dead Presidents

Zhun's engagement party after-party at Kid Shelleen's

at a nightclub/lounge after a work event/party

sitting in a booth at the Plough & the Stars, mid-conversation

in the middle of major Trivial Persuit games

should I go on?

Anonymous said...

have you ever fallen asleep while on the phone with someone?

i have.

NotoriousALG said...

Caro, you also fell asleep at Plough and the Stars and at Flat Rock twice. Just to make your list truly comprehensive....