Sunday, November 05, 2006

Let Them Eat Cake...and Popcorn


i am literally chomping at the bit to go see Sophia Coppola's newest cinematic masterpiece, Marie Antoinette (past ones being The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation).

and i must admit i have a 2nd degree crush on the ill-fated Queen, portrayed by Ms. Kirsten Dunst (its 2nd degree just because of her past association with the lovely, intoxicating and scrumptious Mr. Jake Gyllenhaal).

if the full length film is half as beautiful and enticing as the previews, this is sure to be my favorite movie of 2006. the story, the actors, the soundtrack, the set and costume design has me more excited than a 50% off sale at Loehmann's.

i plan to see the flick this week and will be sure to report back. God save the Queen!

3 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

I am dying to see this. Let's go. You've booked me for Friday, so why not a movie, too?

Beanorama said...

sure, go without me. See if I care.

Then again, in the midst of a work stress frenzy, I did say you could go with out me, didn't I?

Dammit.

miz cynical said...

I sort of want to see it & I'll need some chicks to see it with. I still say Marie Antoinette was misunderstood ( and Vanity Fair magazine agrees).