Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Love You, VH1 !


As the events from Thanksgiving continue to unfurl ( yes, it was a week ago, but someone should tell my in-laws that), I reflect upon my most favorite moment from Thanksgiving 2006.

My favorite memory from this year's Thanksgiving is... watching VH1.

See, I'm a very quiet person. My idea of a good Thanksgiving is sitting around, eating a great meal, & then watching a movie or curling up with a book. Now that I spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws, the eating part is no problem - it's the quiet time that's a problem. Theirs is a very unnecessarily loud household. So, when I was finished eating, I grabbed my Bette Davis biography & headed for the bedroom. However, it's was so noisy that I couldn't even read! In order to drown out the noise in the rest of the house so that I could read, I turned on the tv. At some point, I decided it was a lost cause & decided to go ahead & see what was on the television. Well, that's when it happened. VH1 didn't punk out like some other networks and aired some Charlie Brown Thanksgiving B.S. NOPE! They just happened to be airing The Best 100 Songs of the 80s marathon! I was in heaven! I love 80s music!

VH1 saved the day because they provided me hours of entertainment with cheesy trivia ( who's headband is it?) & songs that I now know the names of so that I can download them from Itunes. On Monday, I checked out their website to get some more cool 80s info & saw that they're casting for the World Series of Pop Culture, my second favorite show on the network. Most of the questions center around the 80s,television, & odd celebrity trivia - all things I know that I would be great on. Three people make up a team. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about sports & boy movies ( Star Wars, etc.), so I need at least 1 guy as another teammate. Plus, I need a cheesy team name.

Who's interested? Anyone, anyone, anyone...... ( Guess what awesome 80s movie that's from:) ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i borrown the betty davis book when you are done? i love her!

tone loc said...

ben stein from ferris bueller's day off. now ask me something that requires thought.

arrogant anthony