Sunday, November 05, 2006

Jingle Ball, Jinge Ball, Jingle Ball Dork


i have a confession to make. i want to go to Q 102's Jingle Ball 2006. go 'head...JUDGE.

but whatever, i don't care. i'm sorry i love music; even the kind that is so corny, it has those little fake corn on the cob holders sticking out of it.

but what's worse is those who JUDGE, are trying to convince me that i will be the oldest person there and everyone will laugh at me. yeah, i check off the box of 25-30 these days. people are warning me that this concert's average age range is probably 13.

is this true? could it be? both good questions. but here's the third and most important: do i care?

do i care enough to not go? if you cut me, do i not bleed? if you yell at me, will i not cry? if there's a shoe sale at nine west, will i not buy?

sorry, but i don't think i should have to miss out on a line-up that includes The Fray, The Pussycat Dolls, Rhianna, Nelly Furtado and Nick Lachey just because i'm an adult.

who's with me here? who wants to stand up with me and say "fuck you" to the man by going to Jingle Ball 2006 on Dec 13? who wants to dance and sing and buy beer for minors?

...anyone? no? ok...thanks.

8 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

Unusual, do not kid yourself. The average age of the Jingle Ball attendees will be 13. We will smuggle beer in (because I'm sure they won't be selling it to this demographic). We indulge in PG-rated narcotics. And, we will smoke cigs in the bathroom. I think I'm ready for my high school reunion.

Anonymous said...

I want to go too, and I'm 30. I want to see The Fray.

Beanorama said...

ekumpon... did you forget that you are HAVING A BABY right around December 11? I think you'll have to wait until Jingle Ball 2008.

miz cynical said...

Don't be ashamed - I love Nelly Furtado's latest single & Nick Lachay is just totally dreamy...

aaronic said...

Can one of you get backstage and pass Rihanna a note for me?

Actually, I better make 2 copies in case you run into that lead singer from the Pussycat Dolls.

Thanks, lol

Beanorama said...

nellie furtado... oh yea, she used to be that sorta hippy singer with a little bit of substance, right? Oh yea... then she went and had a baby, and to get her popularity back sold out and sang about promiscuity then said at the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS:

"If you're gonna have sex use a condom, YA'LL."

Classy.

Anonymous said...

HYSTERICAL

Anonymous said...

ekumpon- you are 31!!!!!!!! I know this because I am 29 and you are 2 years older.