Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bam!

I finally did it. I cooked grilled cheese. This has been a goal of mine for quite some time. I attempt every so often, usually with pathetic results. For so long people would say, "How can you not know how to make grilled cheese? It's self-explanatory." But, it's not. For instance, I just learned a few months ago that you are supposed to put butter (or mayo) on the bread. How is that self-explanatory? It's not called buttered grilled cheese. So, everyone calm down with that. Anyway, I took another stab at it a few days ago, and I succeeded. Quite a feat. I'm not saying it was great. But, it was edible and that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now lets tackle something harder...say fried PBJ? its awesome, trust me.

miz cynical said...

Ewww. Who are you, Elvis?
Flip flop: you have to put butter on either the grill or the bread so that it doesn't burn & has a nice buttery, crispy taste. Oh, and the food truck outside makes a good one for $1.50 (if you can put up with the guy chuckling at you everytime you buy one).