Monday, May 21, 2007

I've been living without you?


Flippy, I've had the opposite problem. This weekend in Richmond, Virginia, I got to enjoy the best American Mexican food I've had in a while: Chipotle! I've been hearing peeps raving about Chipotle for so long, but I didn't buy into the hype until this weekend.

Their minimal menu made ordering easy. I tried both the fajita burrito with chicken and the fajita burrito with veggies. Both were delish though I prefer the chix. The rice had flakes of cilantro. The roasted corn salsa was fresh. The meats were organic. The soda cups had fun stories about nice people and organic farming. The burritos were big enough to share. The only drawback was the runny sour cream, but my taste buds didn't care, oh no they didn't.

I enjoyed this burrito heaven not once but twice this weekend... so much so, that I ran right to the 'net to find out where I can find a Chipotle in Philly. You'd think with a small city like Richmond having at least 2 burrito heavens, a big city like the Illadelph would have more. But alas. No. I am heartbroken. And hungry.

I'll have to try out Qdoba to see if it is a decent runner up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the h is that picture? it reminds me of a pepsi can wrapped in foil to keep it cold.

Flip Flop Girl said...

I was so intrigued with your description. Then, I was so disappointed that I cannot immediately experience this tasty delight. You are a tease, Beano. Why can't you just be slutty like Jmon?

Unknown said...

Seriously, there is no Chipotle in Philly? That's bizarre. There are tons of them in the DC area. Their chicken fajita burrito bol is grubbin'.

(Sorry for rubbing it in...)