Thursday, May 31, 2007

Just Like (Grand)Mom Used to Make.....


My grandmother used to make her own iced tea and keep it in a glass wine carafe in her over-flowing refrigerator. Even though she would never personally drink it, I have never tasted an iced tea so perfectly sweetened as hers.


Until now.


I think she may have sold her recipe to Wawa, because their lemonade tea tastes exactly like the tea of sweaty, humid summer afternoons. I confirmed this with my brother who remarked, "I have been saying this since '02."


It is so refreshing and so good. As if you needed another reason to love Wawa. Now, if they can only add a soda fountain to the one on 20 and Chestnut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my all time favorite drink. And now they make it in diet, too!!!! Another reason why Wawa is the best.

Anonymous said...

AL: remember when it took FOREVER to get our shorties, and I said, "maybe if they stopped smokin dope before their shift we would have them by now." That was funny! chicken salad is da bomb.