Sunday, May 13, 2007

Knowing What's Important


this weekend, while treating myself to a peddy, i overheard one of the most disturbing declarations ever:

"I mean, if I can't have acrylic nails, then I don't want to be in that profession..."

what? she must be kidding, right?

no. she wasnt. she was dead serious. she was also wearing scrubs, which leads me to wonder-was she talking about her current job? was she a nurse or a dental hygenist? the thought of her dirty acrylic nails poking me or worse, in my mouth made my vurp (vomit-burp).

and then i wondered, did i have any superficial and seemingly trivial demands of my own?and ironically, i thought of some:

1. if i couldnt attend at least one party a week and drink for free.
2. if i couldnt have access to the internet.
3. if i couldnt buy and listen to my itunes.
4. if i couldnt take my shoes off under my desk.
5. if i couldnt share an office with beanorama.

and there it is. its not acrylic nails, but its enough.

1 comment:

Beanorama said...

tear, tear. Thanks for the love. Though I could do without the shoes off under the desk.

Just joshin!