Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oh, Uncle Sam.


This morning, I was on the phone and my boyfriend mentioned an increase in stamp prices. Who knew? Most certainly not me! He insisted that it had been very widely publicized, but I did not now know that effective yesterday, stamps are now 41 cents a pop.


I cannot believe it. But this is coming from a gal who had a hard time when a call in a phone booth went from 25 cents to 35. Insane.


I cannot believe it costs so much to mail a letter. But more importantly, what if I had never found out and continued using the 37 cent stamps I have in my desk?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the increase? What did the post office do with the 68 cents I gave them last year?
-Silent O

Beanorama said...

SILENT O! Welcome.

AG- they would have sent back your letters. You can buy the Forever Stamp though.

Even though you won't take me to Forever 21.

Anonymous said...

I think the USPS is lenient for the first couple of months and will still deliver letters that have 37 cent postage. I think...

NotoriousALG said...

BEANIE, WE WERE SITTING IN TRAFFIC AND IT WAS 900 DEGREES. "You didn't even try...." "This was your plan all along...."

Have some Boones Farm and we can call it a day. :)