Monday, July 23, 2007

Goodbye, ultimate sweatpants.


Tonight, I did a clothes audit. And tonight, I finally said good-bye to my ulimate sweatpants. I got these suckers beginning of senior year of college at a J. Crew warehouse sale*. They were $7. They fit my short legs. They were slit a little at the ankle to fi well over sneaks. They were navy blue. They tied at the side. I wore them as soon as I got home from classes. And when hungover, I wore them to classes.

Year after year, I wore these suckers to the rare 5k, the more frequent post-drinking diner run, as a change of clothes in long car rides, and as my fave pjs. For at least 5 years.

And now they are dead. I should have let them go when the ankle slits turned into knee slits and i did an awful sew job with purple thread. I should have let them go peacefully when the dryer tied the drawstring in knots, or when the drawstring snapped in half and my mom put a purple elastic drawstring in. But no. I clung tight. Until tonight. Tonight, I let my ultimate sweatpants go... not even to Goodwill, but right into the trash. They are no good for anyone anymore. Not even wearable.

Ultimate sweatpants, I love you.



*why don't they have warehouse sales anymore??

3 comments:

NotoriousALG said...

Those warehouse sales were AWESOME. I can't believe you are putting them out to pasture. But I know how much it hurts.

Beanorama said...

it really hurts. I loved them. some of the best time of my life were while wearing those pantalones.

i am refraining from making a perverted joke here.

Anonymous said...

thank god...those things were NASTY