Monday, July 16, 2007

Hello, 1950's? Can you help me?



Please excuse me, as I have to revert to the 1950s and say, DAMN DID I EVER WISH I HAD A HUSBAND LAST NIGHT. Um, yea, I saw a 3-inch long cockroach in my bathroom. If you know me, you know I get the shivers and the screams when I see those dinosaurs. I would prefer a mouse.

I saw the beast, yelped, got fully dressed head to toe, pulled my hair back, grabbed Endust, bleach and a shoe, shut the cat out, and sprayed and screamed. I destroyed a favorite photo in a frame in the midst of my spray attack, but I don't care. Then, sweaty and red, I wrapped my hand in plastic and used 4 paper towels to pick the thing up and tossed it one foot into my toilet.

My apt isn't spin-n-span but it isn't filthy either. I am blaming this on the upstairs drug dealer, who I hear is a pig.

Time to harass the landlord.

2 comments:

miz cynical said...

Go for it. Messy neighbors can totally cause for rodents to come into your living space.

Anonymous said...

my husband is afraid of spiders, so don't be so sure that a husband would've saved you