Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What up, B?







I read this on my favorite gossip source’s website & I just had to check it out for myself:“Guess Beyoncé really doesn’t want us to see her fall on her bootylicious bum. After she face-planted on the stairs while performing “Ring the Alarm” at an Orlando concert last week, she asked the audience not to put it on YouTube. Natch, videos of the tumble quickly popped up all over the Internet and became a must-click item. Not anymore. As I’m sure you know (but just wanted to make sure ya did!), when you try to watch the videos of the nasty debacle on YouTube, the too-fun viewing station states the clips have been removed “due to a copyright claim by Sony BMG.” Did Beyoncé really sic her record label on YouTube and demand the footage of the fall be removed? Hey, B-hon, here’s a hint: Let folks see it—it actually made us like you more for showing you’re not perfect and you trip and fall (and hopefully fart) and make stink-ola mistakes like the rest of us human beings.”
I went to You Tube & sure enough, when I tried looking for the clip, I saw this on my computer screen: “This video has been removed due to terms of use violation”
Do you agree with Beyonce? That an embarrassing clip should be removed from the Internet? Is she ashamed of the fall or of the lip-synching? A few years ago, when her one of her other band members fell on stage she & the other chick kept walking & that clip was shown everywhere. So, when it happens to her, she doesn’t want it shown?
I do feel bad, though. She could have really hurt herself. I just don’t know that if I had the capability of controlling a situation like that if I would go to those lengths. In my opinion, it’s not that big of a deal. As a celebrity, you have far more embarrassing moments that could be youtubed.

4 comments:

aaronic said...

She seemed to be in a joking mood when she begged the fans not to put it on Youtube, I'd bet this was a management or label decision.

Anonymous said...

that picture looks like Tyra, not beyonce.

Beanorama said...

I think it's awesome that they continued. I would have run away.

miz cynical said...

A.T.S. - I thought that it looked like Tyra, too, but this is what the computer gave me. The computer wouldn't lie to me, would it?

Incog - I agree. I think that it was Sony/BMG that thought this was too embarrassing.Ridiculous