Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Damn you, American Idol!

Ok. I HATE American Idol, but I have to admit that there have been some American Idol finalists/winners that have caught my attention & now reside on my Itunes.

It started with Justin Guarini (you won't be laughing after you hear his ballad "Sorry"). I heard it on the radio twice and decided to join the other 49 people on the planet by buying his CD.

Then, it was Kelly Clarkson. After seeing her video on MTV, I can belt out "Since You Been Gone" with the best 15 yr. old fans. Or, "Behind these Hazel Eyes". However, I don't think that I can sing with the same heartfelt sincerity as that the chick in the fitting room beside me at Loehmann's over the weekend.

Now, it's Chris Daughtry. I heard his song "It's not Over" on MTV in between Real World/Sweet Sixteen marathons. I'd like to see the genius who thought of that idea - "hey, since we don't play music videos anymore, why don't we squeeze them in while credits are rolling up the screen for our new reality show 'We're underage, juvenile delinquent cousins & we're marrying each other' ? Anyway, I haven't heard the entire song yet (those credits go by pretty quickly), but I want this one too.


Who knows what's next? At this rate, I might wind up buying some Taylor Hicks crap. Then, I'll be a-boppin' & a-twitchin' my way around while listening to my Ipod.

SOUL PATROL!

No comments: