Thursday, March 29, 2007

A day late.

I have some cousins (not you, MWP) who always know the latest in internet sensations. They were YouTube before YouTube was ever tubed. Two years ago at Christmas, they rediscovered the Muppets theme song "Menah Menah" or whatever it is, on the internet. The song became the theme of the holiday. Everyone kept saying "Menah Menah," whatnot.

Fast forward 2007. I am watching tv, as I am wont to do, and I hear in the background that familiar: do dooo do do do. Do doooo do do. Do dooo do do do, do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do MENAH MENAH.
I thought to myself, wow, these marketers are really behind on the ball. This song's revival of kitschy/cool was a few years ago.

Not two minutes later, I hear again: do dooo do do do. Do doooo do do... (and so forth)

But get this: it was a different commercial, for a different product. What the h? Are there so few cool jingles in the world that marketers all go after the same tired tune?

So unpretty.

1 comment:

Smedelicious said...

Yup, for Saturn and get this...BIG LOTS. I was talking about this to everyone I know for the past week, I guess except you Beanie.