Monday, March 19, 2007

Girly Post #1: The burning means that it’s working


I decided to call this post a girly one because I know that our male SoUnpretty readers would not be able to relate. Anyway, I’ve been using chemical hair removers for a few months now (which is genius considering I have sensitive, easily irritated skin) just because it’s less hassle than shaving. Anyway, the biggest drawback is the horrible “OMIGOD, I think my skin is going to fall off” burning sensation that I get afterwards. The cold winter air hitting against my skin didn’t help matters.

But, over the weekend I stumbled across this Epil-Stop product at CVS. It claimed that it eliminates irritation & redness. Of course I was skeptical, but being the beauty product junkie that I am & willing to try anything at least once, I bought it. I’m happy to report that it works & I would totally recommend it if you use Veet (or something similar) & have the same bad skin reaction.

Or, you could just continue to shave & not put yourself through this torture at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but does it stink?

miz cynical said...

Does what stink? Veet or the neutralizing wash? Veet doesn't smell that bad & the neutralizing wash does get rid of the chemical smell. I thought that you would love to use it on your arms :)