Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Kids: Mommy's a Whore

On the way to work this morning, my shuttle bus pulled up beside this woman in a minivan. Pretty common thing, I know, but what perplexed me is the fact that this woman had about a dozen or so Mardi Gras beads hanging from her rearview mirror.

I'm used to seeing the usual crap hanging from the rearview - Jesus pictures, Jesus fish, air fresheners & the like - but Mardi Gras beads? My mind instantly conjures up what a woman has to do to "earn her beads". Then, I think about the fact that this woman is driving a minivan & is probably a mom.

Is this minivan driving momma a little wild? Or, am I putting too much thought into it & she just likes tacky, plastic beads as car decoration? Or worse, she's just pathetic & wants me (or anyone else that sees her boring minivan) to think that she's a wild momma?

3 comments:

Beanorama said...

One time, I went to Mardi Gras, where upon I stumbled upon a certain EX POSTER (ALG) who had a red hurricane-stained mouth and was practically being choked by the plethora of beads around her neck.

Are you calling her a whore?

Smedelicious said...

Not to play devil's advocate, but kids love beads. And maybe she was from New Orleans, or had family there...my sister's hubby is from New Orleans and they have boxes of beads, and let me tell you...my sister only shows her boobs to her bra.

Just saying. She's probably a whore.

miz cynical said...

Probably. But I wouldn't dare call ALG a whore.