Thursday, March 29, 2007

An English Major's Nightmare.


Every time I ride in a Philadelphia taxicab, I burst into tears. I sob, tear at my hair, clasp my chest in agony. "Why, oh why must we show our ignorance to the world?" I sob.

The brand-spanking-new, high-tech, fancypants credit card machines just installed in each and every taxi in our fair city flashes a major grammatical error.

Until today, my sadness about this atrocity has kept me silent with grief. But I see that Phillyist.com has caught the error as well.

"Trips Over $25 Requires A Signature."

For shame.

3 comments:

MJL said...

That would annoy the shit out of me, too. I find myself cringing whenever I see signage that has a misspelling or a grammatical error. Do these people not proofread?!

Anonymous said...

Philadephia.

Beanorama said...

Milllion.