Friday, December 29, 2006

Adrenaline is a good shopping buddy.


I don't want to get all Yoplait commercial on you and insinuate that a woman's life fulfillment relies on shoes, but I do have to tell of a pair of boots that I have been desiring for a few months now. Now, my desire for them is not shallow-- it's practical. They are flats, which is good for my feet and my back since I walk to work. That's one justification for them. Plus, they are just plain a-some.

They are also about $100 more than I would ever spend on shoes. Damn.

But, since I got a $100 gift card, I figured that would even me out. So, once I made the decision to bite the bullet and buy the damn things, the adrenaline starting pumping. I was psyched! I started my hunt. My local Kenneth Cole didn't have my size. Online was sold out in my size. Then I called customer service-- they found one remaining pair!! My adrenaline surged.

The remaining pair was in Los Angeles... so I finally got through. After navigating the LA store's loud music, accented store associate, learning how much shipping and tax cost, being bummed that UPS couldn't ship to my work, realizing I had to pay credit not debit... my enthusiasm and adrenaline waned. Plus, they ended up almost $50 more than I had planned to pay! But I was already in so deep.

I bought the boots, but now have major credit card guilt. I just hope when they are on my feet, I feel better.

6 comments:

miz cynical said...

It'll be totally worth it, says the Enabler.

Anonymous said...

i think that i should get the left boot since i had to endure that dreadful phone call where you argued with the woman for 15 minutes about shipping it to your apartment.

:) wear them in health.

Wide Lawns said...

I LOVE these!! I want them too. I'm jealous now and don't have credit card guilt. You'll get a million compliments, you have fabulous boots and your feet won't hurt. Eat a clementine while wearing them and holding the kitten.

Anonymous said...

they look like riding boots...but i do trust your impeccable sense of style. you'll look fabulous

Anonymous said...

i am sure as soon as i see you in them, i will want them. such is sister jealousy...

Beanorama said...

they effing rock. and i even have a fan in florida!