Thursday, December 28, 2006

My neighbors got evicted.


Anyone who knows me knows the 3-month saga of my upstairs neighbors. 3 months ago, just as fall was coming into full force, I kept hearing a-rumbling from upstairs . There was the pitter-patter of tiny feet. There was scratching. I figured, the Goth dude upstairs got a dog! And then I realized Goth dude lives in the front of the building, and I am in the back with no upstairs neighbor. What the H??

Every morning and every evening, all I heard was "scratch, scratch" around the lights in my kitchen and "skitter-skitter"in the ceiling over my kitchen and my bathroom. One morning I awoke to the lights hanging from wires in my kitchen. Disgusting. What if the animal fell through and hurt my little Rubity Toopsdale?

All in all I made about 10 phone calls to my landlord--Green Zang Properties-- and 6 phone calls to the emergency maintenence service, and 5,788 emails to my landlord... all in a panic. The exterminator came three times and STILL didn't get it right.

I was so pissed with the exterminator, with my slow-ass landlord, and the fact that after 3effing months I STILL had an animal my ceiling, that I made one final call to my landlord and chewed her out for a good 7 minutes. Threats were involved. Exterminator came that night...

The next day I called the exterminator and he told me in 7-10 days the family of squirrels would all be gone. Excuse me? The family of squirrels? That's foul.

I think I should be compensated for three months of disgust and anxiety, don't you? My landlord is so unpretty. But now I kind of feel sorry for my upstairs neighbors, though. I hope they have nuts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now! Don't hate on squirrels! they are just little tree varmits, trying gather nuts for the cold months.

Your landlord, its ok to hate.

Meanwhile, you need to train Ruby to be fierce, like HIM.

Anonymous said...

that pic is effing adorable

Beanorama said...

CM-- your cat can be brave when separated by GLASS!