Thursday, December 28, 2006

He's So Dreamy


last night i saw two shows: "Dreamgirls" the movie, which was amazing. the second show was my 42 year old Uncle Kenny. watching him watch the movie was in and of itself, the real show.

it was quite a spectacle on the screen and in the seat right next to me. even before we entered the theater, i was given some previews. when i met him for a little pre-movie dinner he looked like a giddy little school girl, all buttoned up in his coat. he started off by saying that he really wasnt that excited to see the movie...which shocked me. this was the same man that proudly proclaims that he has seen the live show SEVEN times, right? after he successfully managed to hook me into believing that he wasnt that excited to see the movie, he unbuttoned his coat to reveal his DREAMGIRLS TEE SHIRT.

me: "oh my god, ken! you've got to be kidding?!"

ken: "you like it? i know! i have been waiting for this for 25 years!"

me: "where the hell did you get that?"

ken: "best buys in Jersey" [the "s" on buy is not a mistake, he does that on purpose to annoy me]...they gave a free Dreamgirls shirt to the first five people in line to buy the soundtrack the day it came out...and i just happened to be there"

me: "you just happened to be there, huh? what time was it?"

ken: "uh, 5:00 a.m."

me: "jesus christ! what time did you have to get up to get there?"

ken: "oh, it was easy. i slept in the car."

4 comments:

Flip Flop Girl said...

That's dedication. And sort of sad.

Anonymous said...

if by sad you mean insane, then yes.

aaronic said...

This is hilarious. Like ridiculously hilarious.

miz cynical said...

I agree. Plus, it's kind of adorable. You'd do the same for JT.