Monday, December 18, 2006

Top Three Cheesiest Christmas Songs That I Can't Stop Listening To:

I love Christmas. I love Christmas songs. But I'll admit, sometimes it's painful to listen to certain Christmas songs-- especially the newer ones. But I have top-three that are beyond painful to my cliche-hating ears, but for some reason I can't turn that dial.

One of the loseriest songs is the intro to "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." I mean, that song is pretty decent, but when I hear Amy Grant (or whoever it is) warble these terribly-written lines:

"Christmas future is far away
Christmas past is past
Christmas present is here today"

I just think to myself, "gosh, the REAL Christmas miracle isn't Jesus' birth, oh no. The real Christmas miracle is the lyrical genius in those lines!"

So unpretty.


No comments: