Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ode to the Clem


Bean recently gave me a wonderful treat - a clementine. It had been so long since I had enjoyed the sweet goodness that I forgot how much I loved them. Seeing how my eyes lit up when she gave me the first treat, she placed another on my desk. I couldn't protest. You can't have just one. When I went home for Christmas, I saw that my mom had a whole box of "clems" (my mother likes to shorten words). So, I packed a small bag of them to take back to the Yunk. When I bite into the citrus bliss, I almost forget about my valdalized car, my lost wallet, my pending fraud charges, and the dog that pees in my house.

4 comments:

Beanorama said...

what a lovely ode. I had forgotten about them, or maybe, Dr. Whiz had shamed me into never writing one again.

Flip, Clems are so perfect. They are bite-sized and easy to peel, unlike their finicky cousin, the tangerine... or, should I say, the tange.

MJL said...

Clementines are by far the most user-friendly fruit. They don't require washing, they are easily peal-able (as Beanorama said) and they are delicious. What more could you ask for?!

By the way, I'm back. Not full-force quite yet, but a new page has been born. Rejoice.

Anonymous said...

hooray mwp!

flip---glad to see you're back too.

you are a fickle lover to us, walking in and of our life with your flip flops.

miz cynical said...

Lost wallet & fraud charges? I'm totally out of the loop. Clementines pack lots of vitamin C .