Monday, December 18, 2006

I think I've been hoodwinked.


About a month ago my "friend" Unusual Suspect played what I believe to be a little trick on me. And she got Tone Loc in on it.

They swore up one side and down the other that it's an Italian-American South Philly tradition for fathers to call their daughters "Dad" as a nickname, and sometimes mothers call their sons "Mom." I didn't believe it. It was just too bizarre. Though I am a Dutchy with absolutely no marinara sauce running through my veins, I have enough Ital gal pals who have NEVER been called "Dad" by their dads.

Tone Loc, however, admitted his father called his sister "Little Dad." But despite my best Google efforts, I have found no proof.

Have I been hoodwinked? Or is this strange little custom the truth?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i think we all know who you need to ask to confirm this question

Beanorama said...

You mean the REAL Tony & Carmella's "little mom," Tone Loc?